Friday, August 12, 2005

"Mariposa Traicionera" by Mana

This is my last free weekday. I guess I'm ready to go to work. I have to keep reminding myself that while this may signal the end of my wandering days, it does not mean my travels will stop. I get 18 days a year of vacation, but I have to accumulate them. This means that by this time next year I'll have enough to go back to the Middle East! Land in Egypt, bus to Sinai, boat to Jordan and then dick around that country for a bit, then cross the border to Israel and see why all the fighting and then fly out of Tel Aviv! I've met many Israelis on the road and I hate all but two. Because a lot of them have just finished their compulsory military service, they've got a lot of pent up energy, which comes out as aggression. Plus, their history (of surviving as a self-sustained state completely surrounded by neighbors that want to get rid of them) makes them very defensive and proud. So I'd like to see what Israelis in Israel are like. The food's supposed to be great.

OK time for breakfast.

Today's tasks
1. Mail J. three CDs: "Music" by Stars and two mixed CDs
2. Pay $35 parking ticket by phone
3. See if S. wants to have lunch
4. Buy a messenger bag
5. Return overdue book to the library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home