Monday, August 08, 2005

"Did It" by Academy

So this is the beginning of my last week as a slacker. My last day of full-time employment was March 22nd, 2004. That feels like a lifetime ago. These are the things I'd like to accomplish to properly say farewell to one lifestyle and usher in the next:

BODY
1. Buy 4 pants, making sure they fit the crotch properly, may need alteration
2. Buy 5 shirts, making sure they fit the shoulders properly
3. Buy yuppie messenger bag (for newspaper crossword puzzle, library book, organizer)
4. Buy socks, maybe dark gray, black
5. Consider buying a yoga pass: $300 for 30 sessions, to be used within a year
6. Work out and shower vigorously, wanting to exude: Young, healthy and alert
7. Eat healthfully: good chunks of chicken, carrot juice, blueberries, salmon, wheat-bran-dates-raisins-almond-type cereal with soy milk, jugs of room-temperature water
8. Set alarm clock at 6am

BOOK
1. Revise the remaining 4 chapters
2. Continue to send email to (harass) the San Francisco and NYC agents. "Do you like what I've written? Do you think there's a market? Do you think I'm sexy? Will you buy me dinner?"
3. Set a reasonable deadline for sending out proposals: Maybe give it 'til the end of the year to get an agent and if not, then pat myself on the back for doing my best

BRAIN
1. Look into Traditional and ROTH IRAs
2. Decide when to die, as that will determine investment strategies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home